Business in Fargo Moorhead
Fargo Moorhead’s business environment is evolving rapidly, adding new expertise, facilities and capacity every day. Businesses here are benefiting from world-class education and research, unique advanced facilities, strong industry-university partnerships, sophisticated business infrastructure, and hardworking, skilled and productive employees. Our companies are growing, competing globally and profiting in a community that is fully engaged in deliberate, cooperative and business-focused planning and execution.
National Rankings of the Fargo Moorhead Business Climate
- #2 in Forbes Best Small Places for Business and Careers, October 2012
- #1 Milken Institute Best Performing Cities Index, Oct. 2010. The Milken Index ranks metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary, and technology growth.
- #8 Best Cities for Job Growth, small-sized cities, NewGeography.com.
- #9 in Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers, April 2010. This is the seventh consecutive year that Fargo has made the top ten for small metropolitan areas. The index ranks cities according to cost of doing business, educational attainment of the population, income growth, projected job growth and net migration.
- #1 Best Places for Jobs, CNNMoney.com, December 2009.
- #5 in Forbes ranking of the Top College Towns for Jobs in May 2009.
- #1 city in North Dakota for entrepreneurial start ups, according to Business Week.
- #8 in MSN and CareerBuilder.com’s October 2008 list of the 25 Best Markets to Find a Job.
- #24 out of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and Launch a Business, according to Fortune Small Business in April 2008.
- #9 in “America’s Top 50 Business Opportunity Metros for 2007″ by Expansion Management Magazine.