Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Fargo Moorhead’s business, education and community leaders recognize the critical role of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education in today’s world. Preparing our citizens to excel in the STEM disciplines guarantees a pipeline of successful and talented individuals securing their prosperity long term no matter what they decide to do.
As a community our goals are to:
- Expand and enhance STEM-related extracurricular/after-school activities, camps, etc.
- Increase student and parent awareness of the importance of STEM education.
- Develop funding sources for STEM initiatives.
- Hire a metro-wide STEM coordinator.
- Play a proactive role in engaging education policy-makers in North Dakota and Minnesota.
So what is STEM education and how does it differ from traditional education? Check out this STEM Education FAQ for some answers.